Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Feel the Music Through Jazz Painting

Jazz posters communicate the rhythm and sounds of music through vibrant, bold and colorful art. Jazz artists are inspired by the lifestyle of musicians - clubs, late nights, smokey venues, and urban audiences. Their art reflects the music itself, and the artists and their lifestyle.

Renown jazz painters include:

Keith Mallett

How Jelly Roll Morton Invented Jazz
by Jonah Winter illustrated by Keith Mallett

"Creating art has always been a joyful experience in my life, and I feel blessed to be able to share that joy with others."

How Jelly Roll Morton Invented Jazz - a new children's book by Jonah Winter and illustrated by Keith Mallett will be released June 16, 2015 ~ keithmallett.com









R.J. Hohimer 


52nd st. by R.J. Hohimer
R.J. Hohimer conveys his love of jazz and blues as he takes you inside jazz clubs, blues bars and honky tonks of Chicago, Manhattan, Harlem, New Orleans and Memphis ~ jazzpainter.com















Bruni Sablan

Jazz Paintings by BRUNI

The Jazz Masters Series by BRUNI:
An explosive experience of color and soul...her wildly expressionistic brush captures the very depths of the spiritbrunijazzart.com










Visit my Pinterest jazz board for other artists you might enjoy.

My art is influenced by my travels; my life in America, France and Mexico; my friends and fellow artists; food and fashion; and my years of training in mixed media. I have a passion for bold, vibrant colors and shapes - and I have a passion for music. I admire and am inspired by jazz painters who capture the rhythms and sounds of jazz music and translate them to the canvas.

à la prochaine,

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment