Writer's get writer's block.
Painter's get painter's block.
Artists get artist's block.
Sometime's my creativity is blocked, and even though I want to be at my easel, paintbrush in hand, I simply can't express myself. When I'm experiencing artist's block, sometimes all I need are some inspirational words to release my creative energies, and allow my hands to express what is in my soul. I have many favorite artists, and here are some of my favorite artist's quotes that inspire me to paint.
7 Artist's Quotes to Motivate Your Inner Artist
1. I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. ~ Georgia O'Keefe
2. If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. ~ Vincent Van Gogh
3. Color is my day-long obsession, joy and torment. ~ Claude Monet
4. The only I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration. ~ Frida Kahlo
5. You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. ~ Maya Angelou
6. Il ya des fleurs partous pour qui veut bien les voir. ~ Matisse (There are flowers everywhere for those who bother to look.
7. Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist. ~ Pablo Picasso
I'm on Twitter - @6636ophelia - and one of my favorite Tweeters is @GreatArtQuotes - here's their profile photo:
What quotes inspire your creativity? I'd love to know!
à la prochaine,