A brush in hand, tubes of vibrant paints, a blank canvas and divine intervention is my formula for visual, beautiful and colorful artworks.
~ Shirley Monestier, artist
Last year, I made the decision to dedicate more time to selling my art, and decided to increase my online art marketing efforts. During the past year I have:
- reactivated my blog. I hadn't blogged in nearly 2 years, and decided this was a good way to connect with others interested in art
- restarted my newsletter: this is a great way to share special sales and information that isn't on my blog to friends and fans who asked for more information
- social media: I was active on Facebook and LinkedIn, but am now also on Twitter and Pinterest and Google Plus.
- opened an Etsy Store: I'm just uploading my first paintings this week!
- Saachi Online: I have created an account, and will be uploading art very soon.
As I researched information and ideas for marketing art online, I discovered some great resources for selling art online:
- Total Art Soul: Creative Ways for Selling Your Paintings
- Living My Dream: An Artistic Approach to Marketing by Synthia Saint James
- Ask the Experts: Facebook marketing tips for visual artists
- Marketing Art Online: Social Media Advice
- Empty Easel: Selling Art Online
As part of my research on marketing art, I discovered the Creative Insurgents Podcast. Here's a recent episode on living a creative life on your own terms.
I also started a Pinterest board: Marketing Tips for Artists: visit it here.
I'd love to hear from other artists on tips and ideas for marketing their art online.
And of course, in addition to marketing my art I'm also happily in my studio. Here's my latest work:
à la prochaine,