Friday, February 28, 2014

Countdown to Spring in Turquoise

shades of turquoise
Color is a critical factor in our happiness: many research studies have been performed trying to understand the impact color has on our lives:
  • happiness
  • appetite
  • motivation
  • sleep
  • romance


A few months ago I wrote about color psychology and how color inspires me: I can't imagine a colorless world!

We make color decisions every day:

  • what color sweater should I wear with these pants
  • should my new glasses have brown or red frames
  • do I want pink or yellow flowers
  • what color should I paint my walls
  • does this tie match my shirt
But did you know: turquoise is a universally flattering color! The color of the ocean, turquoise matches all skin and hair colors and appeals to both men and women:

Combining the serene qualities of blue and the invigorating aspects of green, Turquoise inspires thoughts of soothing, tropical waters and a comforting escape from the everyday troubles of the world, while at the same time restoring our sense of well-being.
~ Pantone 

While you might think of turquoise as a spring color it can be worn year round, and looks lovely in your home - think pillows, bed linens, eye shadow or nail polish, a vase, new coffee cups: turquoise is everywhere! There are many shades of turquoise, from sky blues to watery blue-greens to deep greens: one will appeal to you!

So is this long winter making you blue? Brighten your days and your spirit by bringing some turquoise into your world!

    Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment